blog

Black Pearl Weddings of London is
a superior boutique wedding planning
and consultancy service.


Sunday 14 July 2013

Black Pearl Weddings Meet Talented Kate Edmondson


Black Pearl Weddings have taken the chance to get to know Kate Edmonson of Kate Edmondson Bridal Couture more in-depth. An established designer of wedding and special occasion dresses, Kate is very enthusiastic to share her inspirations, born of the Jazz Age, and what she thinks will make for the prefect bespoke bridal gown.



Tell us a bit about you and your business?

We design and make luxury end wedding dresses and hair accessories.  All our products are hand made in- house and using luxury silks, satin and lace.  We offer a fully bespoke service which includes the design cut and finish of all pieces.  We work individually with all our clients to ensure each piece is made to perfection.

Tell us about your dresses and designs?

My designs are inspired through the fashion from the vintage Hollywood era.  The Art Deco age I love!! Working with luxury silks and embellishments, I particularly love the cuts and styles of this era. Although my inspiration comes from this era I add a modern twist to my dresses.

What type of bride do your dresses appeal to?

My dresses appeal to the modern bride.  Looking for a dress that will flatter and reflect their personality, my dresses appeal to a very stylish bride not afraid to try something different.

What advice would you give a bride on finding their perfect dress?

My advice to all brides is to try on as many dresses as possible, so you can get ideas of the best shape to suit you.  I would then decide on the details such as the fabric and trims afterwards.  Do as much research as possible.  Collect ideas you have for your dress, using anything that inspires you.  I would recommend getting something made rather than buying off the peg.  This allows you not only to get a dress that is special to you, but also to get the details right with the cut and fit of your dress.  I offer all brides a calico fitting, which allow the brides to see a mock up version of their dress, before it’s cut in the fabric.  This is such an important process as it ensures that your dress is cut and fitted to perfection.

Any exciting news for 2014?

For next year I would like to begin supplying my dresses to luxury boutiques. Keep building the brand name !!

Visit Kate Edmondson Website to view her stunning range of dress

Kate Edmondson Bridal Website

Images Courtsey of Kate Edmondson